Julia Dowling Rutland, Coastal Living
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chili-garlic paste or sriracha
- 12 ounces pork tenderloin, cut into strips
- 3 baby bok choy or 1 medium bok choy
- 5 teaspoons stir-fry oil or vegetable oil, divided
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 shallots, halved and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- Hot cooked soba noodles or rice noodles
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from myrecipes.com
1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl. Toss pork with 1/4 cup sauce mixture in a medium bowl, reserving remaining sauce mixture. Marinate 15 to 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, trim root end of bok choy. Slice white stems; tear or cut large leaves in half.
3. Heat wok over high heat until a few drops of water evaporate immediately. Swirl 2 teaspoons oil in pan to coat. (If using a nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.) Add pork; stir-fry 3 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate, and wipe wok clean.
4. Heat remaining 3 teaspoons oil in wok over high heat (medium-high, if using a nonstick skillet). Add garlic, ginger, and shallots; stir-fry 30 seconds or until fragrant. Stir in bok choy stems, bell pepper, and mushrooms, and cook 5 minutes or until tender.
5. Stir in reserved sauce mixture. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in bok choy leaves and pork, and cook until heated through. Serve with hot cooked noodles.
You'll also love
- HCG Diet (P2/3) French Onion Soup 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- KNEADERS COPY-CAT RASPBERRY BREAD... 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Spicy Sweet Potato and Fire... 4.2/5 (46 Votes)
- Mexican Lasagna 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Pulled Pork with Sweet Chili Slaw... 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Rustic Roasted Garlic Chicken with... 4.1/5 (33 Votes)
- Crunchy Garlic Drumsticks 4.5/5 (31 Votes)