Chicken and Broccolini with Orange Sauce
- 2 1/4 cups chicken stock, divided
- 1 cup Texmati rice or white rice
- 1 small bunch scallions, thinly sliced on an angle
- 1 large bundle broccolini, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken, white or dark meat (3 pieces breast or 5 to 6 thighs)
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons high-temperature cooking oil, such as canola, safflower or peanut, divided
- 1 inch ginger root, grated or finely chopped
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup Tamari, soy or low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
Bring 1 3/4 cups stock to a boil. Stir in rice, cover, reduce heat to simmer and cook 15-18 minutes until tender. Add the scallions and fluff with a fork.
Bring a few inches of water to a boil for the broccolini.
Meanwhile, thinly slice thighs or, if using breast meat, butterfly each breast into cutlets, then thinly slice. Season sliced chicken with salt and pepper.
To boiling water, add some salt and broccolini. Parboil the broccolini for 3-4 minutes then drain, run under cool water and reserve.
Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in large nonstick skillet over high heat. To the very hot pan, add chicken and stir-fry until golden, no more than 5 minutes. Remove chicken to a plate and reserve. Add remaining tablespoon of oil to the pan, along with the ginger and garlic. Stir 30 seconds then add soy, marmalade and remaining 1/2 cup stock. Add chicken and broccolini back to pan to heat until sauce is thickened.
Serve chicken and broccolini over rice.
You'll also love
- Chicken Breasts with Chestnut... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- All American Potato Salad 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Pie I By: COUGAAR 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Raspberry-Pecan Pinwheels 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Cream of Broccoli and Leek Soup 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Peach Cobbler 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Basbousa Semolina Cake with Lime... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Banana Pancakes with Orange Maple... 5/5 (1 Votes)