Simply Citrus Cream Cake
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) yellow cake mix
- 1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) JELL-O Lemon Flavor Instant Pudding
- 1-1/3 cups BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream, divided
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. orange zest
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed
- 1 can (11 oz.) mandarin oranges, drained
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 85mins
Adapted from kraftrecipes.com
HEAT oven to 350°F.
BEAT cake mix, dry pudding mix, 1 cup sour cream, water, oil, eggs and orange zest with mixer until blended. Pour into 2 greased and floured 9-inch round pans.
BAKE 25 to 30 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool cakes in pans 10 min. Invert onto wire racks; gently remove pans. Cool cakes completely.
WHISK remaining sour cream and sugar in large bowl until blended. Stir in COOL WHIP.
STACK cake layers on plate, filling with half each of the COOL WHIP mixture and oranges. Frost top with remaining COOL WHIP mixture. Garnish with remaining oranges. Keep refrigerated.
You'll also love
- 5 Minute Mason Jar Microwave Berry... 4.2/5 (25 Votes)
- Oven-Baked Bacon-Ranch Chicken... 4.2/5 (20 Votes)
- Apple Snickers Trifle 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Crowd-Friendly Chicken Cordon Bleu... 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- orange jelly slices 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Cranberry Orange Cheesecake 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese... 4.2/5 (21 Votes)
- Cranberry Almond Pound Cake 4.3/5 (16 Votes)