Chicken Noodle Soup from Scratch
- 4-5 # chicken thighs
- 3-4 quarts water
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 Cups finely diced carrots
- 1 1/2 cup finely diced celery
- 1 cup finely diced onion
- 1 Tbl dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup finely diced parsley
- Better then Bouillon Chicken paste
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 150mins
Adapted from grouprecipies.com
Rinse thighs thoroughly. Add thighs, raw, to stock pot along with the water, onion, carrot, celery leaves, thyme, pepper & garlic cloves.
Bring to a boil and simmer for 1 1/2 hours till chicken is thoroughly cooked.
When done, remove chicken from pot. Strain.
Debone and cut meat into small pieces.
Put strained liquid back into stock pot.
Return chicken, celery, onions, & carrots to broth. Season to taste with salt & pepper.
Bring to a boil then turn heat to simmer until vegetables are done to suit your taste (appx 1 hour).
Add 2 heaping Tbl's of Better than Bouillon chicken paste for added flavor and parsley.
Just before serving, add pre-cooked noodles.
You'll also love
- Easier Chicken Cacciatore 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Black Bean Filling for... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- One-Pot Chicken Cacciatore 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spring English Pea & Tarragon Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chunky Pumpkin Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- One Dish Chicken and Rice (Asopao... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mediterranean Chicken & Black Bean... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Zucchini Noodles with Cilantro... 0/5 (0 Votes)