Stir-Fry Beef and Broccoli
- 1 1/4 lb beef flank steak, cut into thin slices
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated gingerroot, if desired
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil
- 2 cups fresh small broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 cups ready-to-eat baby-cut carrots, cut lengthwise into julienne (2x1/4x1/4-inch) strips
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup cashew halves, if desired
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
1 In medium bowl, mix beef, soy sauce, garlic and gingerroot; set aside. In small bowl, mix sauce ingredients with wire whisk until well blended; set aside.
2 In wok or 12-inch skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over high heat about 1 minute. Add beef mixture, breaking up clumps of beef with wooden spoon; cook 1 minute without stirring. Stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until beef is browned around edges. Transfer beef mixture to clean bowl.
3 To empty wok, add remaining 1 tablespoon oil; heat over high heat about 1 minute. Add broccoli and carrots; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add 2 tablespoons water; cover and cook 2 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until broccoli and carrots are crisp-tender.
4 Return beef mixture to wok. Mix sauce mixture again with wire whisk to recombine; pour into wok. Stir to coat mixture with sauce. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thickened. Sprinkle each serving with cashews.
To make cutting the beef easier, put the uncooked flank steak in the freezer for 15 minutes. Cutting with the grain, cut the steak into 3 long strips, then cut each strip across the grain into 1/8-inch-thick slices. Serve the stir-fry mixture over hot cooked rice or Asian noodles.
Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories370 ( Calories from Fat120), Total Fat14g (Saturated Fat3 1/2g, Trans Fat0g ), Cholesterol105mg Sodium660mg Total Carbohydrate19g (Dietary Fiber3g Sugars4g ), Protein44g
You'll also love
- Polish Sausage Soup 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Apple Slices 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Crispy Potato Gnocchi with... 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Vegetarian Eggplant Chili 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Chipotle beef/chicken marinade 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Crockpot Broccoli Cheddar Soup 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheddar... 4.6/5 (23 Votes)