Weight Watcher's Beef Nachos
POINTS® Value: 2
Preparation Time: 12 min
Cooking Time: 11 min
Cheesy and delicious without all the fat and calories. If you'd
like, add extra jalapenos, chopped cilantro or a drizzle of fresh lime
- 2 medium Peppers, jalapeno, raw
- 1/2 cup(s) Scallions
- 1/2 cup(s) Cheese, cheddar, shredded, low-fat
- 3/4 cup(s) Beans, black, refried, canned
- 3/4 cup(s) Canned diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp Salt, table
- 1/2 tsp Dried oregano
- 6 oz Beef, ground, lean, 7% fat, raw
- 2 spray(s) Cooking spray
- 32 item(s) Tortilla chips, baked, low-fat
Preparation time 12mins
Cooking time 23mins
1. Preheat broiler to high. Arrange tortilla chips on a nonstick
baking sheet in a single layer but close together; set aside.
2. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over a
medium heat. Add beef and cook until browned, breaking up meat as it
cooks, about 3 to 4 minutes. Season with oregano and salt; stir in
tomatoes and beans. Cook until heated through, stirring occasionally,
about 3 to 5 minutes.
3. Spoon beef mixture over chips; sprinkle with cheese. Broil until
cheese melts, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Remove from broiler;
sprinkle with scallions and jalapenos. Yields 4 nachos per serving.
If you like things really spicy, pile on the jalapenos and consider
pickled jalapenos for extra zing.
Garnish with fresh cilantro and a drizzle of fresh lime juice if