Strawberry Red Velvet Cupcakes
Red velvet cupcakes and cream cheese frosting topped with a fresh strawberry make any celebration a party. Strawberry Red Velvet Cupcakes are perfect for potlucks, bake sales, birthday parties, or even just when you are craving red velvet cupcakes with the added flavor of strawberry. Serve these at any celebration you plan on throwing, from bridal showers to birthdays and everything in-between.
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 1box1 box red velvet cake
- 33 eggs
- 1/2cup1/2 cup melted butter, cooled
- 1/2cup1/2 cup strawberries, pureed in the blender
- 1/4cup1/4 cup milk
- 2/3cup2/3 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1teaspoon1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2cup1/2 cup butter, softened
- 8ounces8 ounces cream cheese
- 2teaspoons2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 1/2cups3 to 4 1/2 cups powered sugar
- Extra strawberries for decoration
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 31mins
Preheat oven to 350°F and line pans with cupcake liners.
Sift cake mix into a small bowl and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine eggs, butter, strawberry puree, milk, sour cream, and vanilla extract.
Add cake mix and stir.
Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 16 to 22 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
Beat butter and cream cheese for 2 minutes. Add vanilla and 3 cups powdered sugar. Beat well. Slowly add in more powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency.
Pipe onto cooled cupcakes and top with strawberries.
You'll also love
- Strawberry Cupcakes with... 4.2/5 (41 Votes)
- Fresh Strawberry Buttercream... 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Bacon, Mac and Cheese Sandwich 4.4/5 (26 Votes)
- PB&J Breakfast Danish 4.4/5 (26 Votes)
- Thanksgiving Turkey Cookies 4.4/5 (26 Votes)
- Grilled Bacon, Avocado and Cheese... 4.4/5 (26 Votes)
- Apple-A-Day Green Smoothie 4.4/5 (30 Votes)
- Crab Rangoon 4.2/5 (29 Votes)