Red Velvet Poke Cake
Did you know Jello makes a Cheesecake flavored pudding? Well they do and it's the perfect pudding for this delicious Red Velvet Poke Cake recipe!
- 1 box Red Velvet cake mix, with the ingredients needed to make the cake
- 2 (3.4-ounce) boxes instant Cheesecake-flavored pudding
- 4 cups milk
- 1 (8-ounce) tub frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 10 Oreo cookies, crushed, optional
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 140mins
Prepare cake mix according to package directions for a 9x13-inch cake.
Once cake comes out of the oven, allow it to cool for just a couple of minutes.
Then, with a wooden spoon handle or some other similarly-sized object, begin poking holes in the warm cake. You want the holes to be fairly big so that the pudding has plenty of room to get down in there. Be sure to poke right down to the bottom of the cake.
In a medium bowl, whisk together dry pudding mix with 4 cups of milk. Whisk until all the lumps are gone.
Pour pudding over cake, taking care to get right into the holes as much as possible. Spread it all out and using the back of the spoon, gently push pudding down into the holes. Put the cake into the fridge to set and cool (about 2 hours).
If you have anything hanging out in your fridge that is stinky, be sure to cover your cake.
Once your cake has completely cooled, spread on whipped topping. Spread it out evenly over the pudding layer.
If you haven't done so already, crush your Oreo cookies. I just place mine in a ziploc bag and crush them with a rolling pin. Leave some of the pieces big. It's nice to have a bit of a crunch when you eat the cake.
Spread crushed Oreos onto the top of the cake. You can do this part immediately before serving the cake if you like. This will ensure the cookie bits are crunchy when you serve it.
This cake needs to be kept refrigerated.
You'll also love
- Weight Watchers Cauliflower Au... 4.2/5 (105 Votes)
- Bacon Ranch Sour Cream Potato Salad 4.4/5 (92 Votes)
- Marshmallow Caramel Popcorn 4.3/5 (91 Votes)
- Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauce 4.5/5 (76 Votes)
- Cream Puff Cake 4.6/5 (70 Votes)
- Baker's Original German Chocolate... 3.7/5 (532 Votes)
- Red Velvet Cake with White... 4.4/5 (69 Votes)
- Jean's Red Velvet Cake 4.7/5 (27 Votes)