Makes 12 individual quiches.
Visit http://rebeccamlippert.blogspot.com/2011/07/quiche-muffins.html for more photos!
- 1 Can Chickpeas
- Large Handful of Spinach
- 1-1.5 Cups of Green Beans
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Green Onion
- 8 Large Eggs
- Parmesan Cheese or any other kind
- 1/2 Cup of Fine Bread Crumbs (gluten free if you can find em!)
- 1 Cup of Milk
- Black Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Muffin tin
- Nonstick cooking spray
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
1. Pour the chickpeas into a saucepan on medium heat.
2. Chop spinach into 1/4-1/2 inch pieces.
3. Steam green beans and green onions and chop into 1/2 inch pieces. Add to spinach.
4. Spray muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Spoon a thin layer of bread crumbs on the bottom of each muffin cup and pat down with your fingers.
5. Crack 8 eggs into a large bowl. Add about 1 cup of milk, as if you were making scrambled eggs, and whisk thoroughly. Add basil, pepper, garlic powder and salt to your preferences. Add parmesan cheese, however much you think you'll like.
6. Rinse and drain chickpeas. Pour them into a plastic bag and mash them with a meat hammer or something like that.
7. Put a spoonful of chickpeas into each muffin cup. You'll have some leftover. Put chopped green beans and spinach in each cup, filling them to the top. Put remainder of chickpeas on top of the spinach & beans.
8. Pour egg mixture into a good pouring container and fill each cup to the top. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
9. Place in oven at 450 for about 20-25 minutes. Transfer dish to bottom rack for about 10 minutes. Muffins are done when they pull away from the side of the tin.
You'll also love
- Empanadas de Carne (Beef... 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Tomato Compote 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Peach Chutney 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Eggs Benedict 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Pinto Beans Cowgirl Style 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Crockpot Creamy Black Bean Chicken... 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Chickpeas - Slow Cooker Chickpeas 4.5/5 (8 Votes)