Joey's Nachos - Kitchen Boss
This delicious Nachos recipe was featured on Kitchen Boss, Episode 8- Superbowl Sunday. A perfect dish for tailgating or at home half time show!
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS:
- 1 package (8 ounce) Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 serrano chile, minced
- 1/4 cup Heinz chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon good-quality chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 15 ounce can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Serve with tortilla chips (Joey likes the scoop-able type)
- Sliced scallion
- Chopped tomato
- Sliced avocado
- Chopped cilantro
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from recipes.howstuffworks.com
Heat a medium sauté pan over medium heat. Add the oil and the onions, sautéing med-low with a pinch of salt until translucent. Add the garlic and serrano, sauté until fragrant. Add ground beef, another pinch of salt and cook beef until crumbled and no longer pink.
Add the chili sauce, chili powder, cumin, salt and simmer, stirring a few minutes until juices begin to reduce. Add the kidney beans and stir to combine, cooking another few minutes until thickened. Remove pan from heat and cool to room temperature.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Spread cream cheese evenly over the bottom of a 10" ceramic or glass pie plate. Spread all of the beef/bean mixture evenly over the cream cheese. Sprinkle cheddar over all. Bake until cheese has melted and mixture is hot through, 20-30 minutes.
Serve with any/all optional toppings and chips.
You'll also love
- Baltimore Pit Beef 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
- Tuna Pasta Salad 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Braised Pork and Apple Stew 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Mississippi Mud Cake with... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Christmas Pudding 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Sunday-Best Garlic Roast Beef 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Easy Bread & Butter Pickles 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Chive Risotto Cakes 4.3/5 (6 Votes)