Nothing makes me feel at home like a nice bowl of authentic Mexican-style fideo. You can also add diced potatoes or ground beef or asada pieces to this recipe to mix it up.
- 1 package Fideo (vermicelli, fideo, conchas, stars, or ABC's)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 (7-ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 (4-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 lemon
- Potatoes, diced and cooked (optional)
- Ground beef, cooked (optional)
- Steak pieces, cooked (optional)
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 20mins
Brown the fideo in olive oil.
Once you can tell the fideo is starting to brown, toss in the onions and the minced garlic. Quickly sauté together, being careful to not burn the garlic. You want to cook the onion with the fideo to give it some flavor. Saute until the onions are a little translucent.
Add broth, then immediately add cumin, garlic powder, tomatoes and tomato sauce, and lemon juice. Add salt & pepper to taste.
(Here is where you should also add your diced potatoes, cooked ground beef or cooked steak pieces if you want.)
Bring to boil and then lower the heat. Simmer 15 minutes. Should be soupy.
You'll also love
- Lemon Chicken Romano 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Paleo Almond Pear Cake – Gluten... 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- Turkey Ham With Marmalade Glaze 3.8/5 (26 Votes)
- Holiday Sausage Stuffing 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
- Beef Enchiladas with Easy Mole... 3.9/5 (14 Votes)
- Crock Pot Coca-Cola Ribs 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Cheesy Ground Beef and Potato... 4/5 (9 Votes)