Maw-Maw's Date Skillet Cookies
Rate this recipe 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- 1 (8-ounce) package of chopped dates
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups rice krispies
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Coconut, to taste
Melt butter in a heavy skillet, over medium heat.
Stir in egg yolks, dates, and sugar to combine.
Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture is thick and dates are mostly soft and incorporated.
Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla, pecans and rice krispies. When mixture is cool enough to handle, roll into walnut size balls and roll in coconut.
Keep in an air-tight container.
You'll also love
- Quizno's Broccoli Cheese Soup 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Cheesecake Factory Shrimp 3.8/5 (10 Votes)
- Cornucopia Salad 3.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Betty Crocker Pie Crust 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Wildfire Chopped Salad 3.7/5 (106 Votes)
- Pineapple Jam - canning 3.8/5 (25 Votes)
- Applebee's Baby Back Ribs 3.8/5 (45 Votes)
- Coca Cola Cake using Box Cake Mix 3.8/5 (114 Votes)
Review this recipe