Maw-Maw's Date Skillet Cookies
- 1 (8-ounce) package of chopped dates
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups rice krispies
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Coconut, to taste
Melt butter in a heavy skillet, over medium heat.
Stir in egg yolks, dates, and sugar to combine.
Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture is thick and dates are mostly soft and incorporated.
Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla, pecans and rice krispies. When mixture is cool enough to handle, roll into walnut size balls and roll in coconut.
Keep in an air-tight container.
You'll also love
- Tuna pot pie 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Asian Beef Skewers 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Cucumber and Tomato Salad 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Chocolate Banana Breakfast Smoothie 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Pomegranate and Pear Salad with... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Easy Cherry Cobbler 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Bisquick Cornbread 3.8/5 (71 Votes)
- Pumpkin Crunch Cake 4.5/5 (2 Votes)