Imitation Taco Bell Smothered Burrito - Shredded Chicken
No need to run to the border when all you need is right in your cupboard! Enjoy the taste of a Taco Bell Smothered Burrito without having to step foot outside of your home.
- 1 cup white rice, cooked
- 1 cup Morningstar burger crumbles, or other meat
- Mexican or Colby Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 can low fat refried beans
- Package small flour tortillas
- Olive oil
- Red sauce
Start by sauteing meat crumbles withminimal amount of olive oil (probably 1/2 teaspoon or more if needed). Saute over medium heat. I usually cook until the meat crumbles are thawed and then a bit more to make sure everything is heated well. You can check by taking a spoon and poking the pieces to see if they are still hard or thawed. This takes about 3 minutes.
Cook your rice according to package directions. I used one cup water for 1 cup rice. Boiled the water. Added the rice, covered, then let it sit for 5 minutes.
Have your rice, meat crumbles, shredded cheese, refried beans, red sauce, and tortillas spread out on a table for easy access as you make your burritos.
Once you are ready, add ingredients to burritos from bottom to top in the following order: meat on bottom, then cheese, rice, and beans on top. Fold into burritos.
Place in greased pan, fold side down. I like to use a circular cake pan instead of aluminum foil. I can usually fit about 4 burritos in this type of pan. Place pan in toaster oven at 350 degrees fahrenheit and bake for about 10 minutes or until browned and slightly hardened.
Note: if just now turning on oven, you may want to add a minute to the cook time so it can heat up.
When done, place individual burritos on small plates and drizzle with desired amount of red sauce.
You'll also love
- Rio's Chicken: Dog Food in the... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Low Carb Chicken Chow Mein 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Pub-Style Steak & Ale Pie 3.6/5 (82 Votes)
- Grandma's Fideo 4/5 (40 Votes)
- Cheddar's Chicken Pot Pie 3.9/5 (53 Votes)
- P.F. Chang's Crispy Honey Chicken 3.8/5 (50 Votes)
- Firecracker Chicken Wraps 3.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Chicken Tortilla soup 4/5 (2 Votes)
Review this recipe