Slow Cooker Salmon & Potatoes
Very easy to prepare this recipe features Farmed raised Salmon, Yukon Gold potatoes, onions and seasonings which are slow cooked for a most delicious dish! Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound small Yukon Gold potatoes, scrubbed and cut into thin slices
- 1 medium onion, halved and cut into thin slices
- 2 celery ribs, cut into thin slices
- 2 pounds farm-raised salmon fillet (wild salmon dries out in a slow cooker)
- 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs, chopped, such as parsley, dill or tarragon
- 2 tablespoons Butter
1. Drizzle bottom of a slow cooker with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Layer potatoes, onion and celery over the bottom. Place a sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil lengthwise across cooker and press down so it covers the vegetables and sides of the pot, and so the ends of the foil extend over the rim at each end of the pot.
2. Season flesh side of salmon with salt and pepper. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Brown flesh side of salmon in oil, about 2 minutes. Place salmon, skin side down, on top of foil.
3. Add wine to pan and heat to boiling. Stir in water and pour over salmon. Cover cooker and cook on low 2½ to 3 hours, until the salmon flakes when gently pressed.
4. Lift salmon from pot with foil and transfer to a platter. Arrange vegetables around fish. Pour liquid from cooker into a skillet, add herbs and boil 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and swirl in butter. Add salt and pepper to taste; pour sauce over fish and vegetables.
You'll also love
- paula deen's strawberry shortcake 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Venison Roast 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Cold Pack Method of Canning... 5/5 (3 Votes)
- OLD BAY® Steamed Shrimp with... 4.1/5 (33 Votes)
- Baked Whole Flounder 3.8/5 (170 Votes)
- Baked Zucchini With Mozzarella 4.1/5 (39 Votes)
- Hot Potato Casserole 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Seared Sesame Tuna & Grilled... 4.2/5 (17 Votes)