Cold Pack Method of Canning Tomatoes
Mae Rodewald, from grandma's kitchen
- Mason Jars with sealed lids (Sterilized)
- boiling water
1. Peel tomatoes by dipping in boiling water for 1 minute.
2. Put all tomatoes into an open kettle and cover with water, boil until soft.
3. Fill jars, which are cleaned and kept in boiling water.
4. Seal the lid. (Make sure no mess is on the edge of the jars.(no seepage)
For Juice: Cook tomatoes unskinned. Put them through a colander or strainer. Heat again to boil, and put in hot jars and seal.