Tilapia in Lemon Dill Cream Sauce
Easy way to get more fish into your diet and tastes great.
- 6 tilapia filets
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large stalk celery, chopped
- 1 large leek, white part only, sliced and well cleaned
- Olive oil
- 1/2 cup heavy cream ( I use half and half - it’s rich enough)
- Scant 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh dill OR 1 Tbsp dried dill
- 2 slices bread processed into crumbs
- 4 Tbsp melted margarine
- 4 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Thaw fish in ziploc bag in cold water. Pat dry with paper towel once thawed.
Grease casserole dish.
Wash and slice onion, celery and leek. Saute in olive oil until leek is tender.
Mix cream, lemon juice and dill and set aside.
Mix up breadcrumbs, Parmesan and melted margarine mixture and set aside.
Place sauteed veggies in bottom of greased casserole dish. Place fish on top. Salt and pepper to taste. Pour cream sauce over top of fish. Sprinkle on breadcrumb mixture.
Bake covered for 15 minutes at 400*. Reduce oven to 300*, uncover dish and bake for further 5 minutes to brown top.
Serve with rice and carrots.
You'll also love
- Ginger Shallot Marinade 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smoked Citrus Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin pie with sweetened... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Caramel Rum Raisin Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Key Lime Pina Colada 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Scalloped Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Scallop and Mushroom Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fish in Garlic Sauce (Pescado al... 0/5 (0 Votes)