Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi
While most shrimp scampi is made with a lot of butter and white wine, this recipe has no butter and cuts the white wine with low sodium chicken broth.
- 4 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds med shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails left on)
- 6 to 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup and 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 lemon wedges
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil. Saute the shrimp until just pink, about 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook stirring constantly, about 30 seconds. With a slotted spoon transfer the shrimp to a platter and keep them warm.
In the skillet, combine the broth, wine, lemon juice, 1/4 cup of the parsley, the salt and pepper; and bring it to a boil. Boil uncovered, until the sauce is reduced by half.
Spoon the sauce over the shrimp. Serve garnished with the lemon wedges and sprinkled with the remaining tablespoon of parsley.
You'll also love
- Bacon Breakfast Casserole 4.4/5 (200 Votes)
- Banana Brownies with Frosting 3.9/5 (378 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Chews 4.4/5 (203 Votes)
- Baked Chicken Chimichangas 4.4/5 (230 Votes)
- Blackened Grilled Tilapia 4.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.4/5 (159 Votes)
- Shrimp Scampi 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Shrimp Scampi with Angel Hair Pasta 4.6/5 (23 Votes)