Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi
While most shrimp scampi is made with a lot of butter and white wine, this recipe has no butter and cuts the white wine with low sodium chicken broth.
- 4 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds med shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails left on)
- 6 to 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup and 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 lemon wedges
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil. Saute the shrimp until just pink, about 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook stirring constantly, about 30 seconds. With a slotted spoon transfer the shrimp to a platter and keep them warm.
In the skillet, combine the broth, wine, lemon juice, 1/4 cup of the parsley, the salt and pepper; and bring it to a boil. Boil uncovered, until the sauce is reduced by half.
Spoon the sauce over the shrimp. Serve garnished with the lemon wedges and sprinkled with the remaining tablespoon of parsley.