Reeses Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
Rice Krispie treats that pack a Reeses Chocolate Peanut Butter punch! Enjoy!
- 6 cups Cocoa Krispies Cereal
- 16 to 18 Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, diced
- 5 tablespoons butter or margarin
- 3 tablespoons light karo syrup
- 1 package (10-ounce) plus 2 heaping cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 15mins
In a large bowl, combine cereal and diced Reeses. Set aside. Spray a 9 x 13 inch pan with cooking spray and set aside.
In a large pot melt butter over low heat. Add karo syrup and marshmallows and stir continuously until mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and add cereal mixture into the pot and fold together just until cereal is evenly coated. (Peanut butter cup pieces will fall apart as you fold together your ingredients, so don't over mix this.) Press mixture into the sprayed 9 x 13 in. pan. Set aside.
In a small microwave safe bowl, add peanut butter. Microwave for 30 second to a minute to melt. Set aside to let cool slightly. In a separate small microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate at 30 second intervals, stir between intervals, until smooth. Set aside to let cool slightly.
When peanut butter is cool enough to handle, transfer into a small zip lock bag. Clip a small piece out of the corner and pipe onto rice krispie treats, zig-zagging back and forth. Repeat steps with chocolate, placing in a small zip lock bag, and piping over the peanut butter. Either let treats sit at room temperature to allow chocolate to set up, or you can pop the pan into the fridge for about 5 minutes to speed up the process. Cut and serve.
You'll also love
- Pan-fried T-Bone Steak 3.9/5 (271 Votes)
- Authentic Tiramisu 4.4/5 (210 Votes)
- Easy Berry Dump Cake 4/5 (238 Votes)
- Italian Peach Cookies 4.1/5 (211 Votes)
- Grasshopper Cheesecake Bars 4.5/5 (146 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Fudge Banana No Bake... 4.4/5 (89 Votes)
- S'Mores Rice Krispie Treats 4.6/5 (56 Votes)