CREAM CHEESE SCALLOPED POTATOES
- 5 medium baking potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 T. butter
- 3 T. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 c. low-fat milk
- 1 tsp. ground mustard
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 1/2 c. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 oz. reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
Adapted from facebook.com
Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 1 ½ quart casserole dish; set aside.
In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, melt butter.
Stir in flour, and cook for 1 minute.
Add milk, and whisk to combine.
Stir in mustard, salt, pepper, and thyme.
Cook until milk thickens (it will be the consistency of a cream soup), stirring occasionally.
Reduce heat to low, and stir in cheese.
Place half of the sliced potatoes in prepared casserole dish.
Pour 2/3 cup of cheese sauce over potatoes.
Repeat layer with remaining potatoes.
Dot cream over potatoes.
Cover cream cheese and potatoes with remaining cheese sauce.
Cover and bake for about 60 minutes.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (884 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (886 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (497 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (485 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (452 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (263 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)