Creamy Shrimp and Mushroom Pasta
- 4-8 oz fettuccine or linguine
- 10 tbsp butter, divided
- 8 oz fresh, sliced mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 oz cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 2/3 cup boiling water (from your noodle pot)
- 1 lb cooked shrimp (thawed if using frozen)
Adapted from navywifecook.com
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain (reserving 2/3 cups) and return to the pot.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium skillet melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat and saute the mushrooms until soft and brown. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
3. In a seperate large skillet, melt the remaining butter over medium heat. Add minced garlic, cream cheese, and herbs. Simmer cream cheese mixture until well blended. Add the 2/3 cup of boiling pasta water from your noodle pot and mix it in, stirring quickly to smooth out the sauce.
4. Stir in the cooked shrimp and mushrooms. Mix well and simmer (stirring often) until everything is hot and thickened...5-8 minutes. Pour this sauce over the cooked noodle in the pot, and mix well.
You'll also love
- Chia Berry Smoothie Recipe 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Clark's "Crazy" Grilled Sirloin... 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Vegetarian Eggplant Chili 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Teriyaki Shrimp Burgers 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Red Pepper and Snapper Soup 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
- Sticky Ginger Shrimp with Scallion... 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Classic Macaroni Salad 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Fideo Soup (Mexican Noodle Soup) 4.4/5 (18 Votes)