Four-Layer Pumpkin Cake
There is a reason this is called a luscious four layer pumpkin cake! The cream cheese whipped cream frosting is perfect between the layers, topped with the caramel sauce - yum!
- 1 package yellow cake mix, regular size
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin, divided
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) tub COOL WHIP® Whipped Topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup chopped PLANTERS® Pecans
Preparation time 60mins
Cooking time 90mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Beat cake mix, 1 cup pumpkin, milk, oil, eggs and 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Pour into 2 greased and floured 9-inch round pans.
Bake 28 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool cakes in pans 10 min. Remove from pans to wire racks; cool completely.
Beat cream cheese in medium bowl with mixer until creamy. Add sugar, remaining pumpkin and spice; mix well. Gently stir in COOL WHIP. Cut each cake layer horizontally in half with serrated knife; stack on serving plate, spreading cream cheese filling between layers. (Do not frost top layer.) Drizzle with caramel topping just before serving; top with nuts. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Yield: 16 servings.
You'll also love
- Mediterranean Baked Fish 3.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Raw Butternut Squash with... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Homemade Rotel Tomatoes 3.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Springtime Asparagus, Strawberry,... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Southwestern Roasted Butternut... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Mummboli For Halloween 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Prime Rib for Two 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Pumpkin Spice Butter 4.5/5 (13 Votes)