Love Peeps? And Popcorn? Well mix them together for this festive Springtime treat. peep popcorn can be made by melting peeps in butter and mixing with freshly popped popcorn. Serve this treat as an appetizer or as a dessert, or package it up in festive treat bags, decorative tins, or wrapped paper boxes and gift to all of your family and friends at Easter-time.
- 2 teaspoon butter
- 2 to 3 cups popped popcorn
- 1 (5-piece) package Peeps
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cook your popcorn. (I actually prefer to make stovetop popcorn–tastes so much better!). Remove any un-popped kernels. If you prefer the microwave kind, be sure to get the crispy white or tender white, NOT the buttered flavors, which just get soggy.
Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Swirl the pan to coat.
Add the Peeps and turn heat to medium, stirring until the marshmallows are melted and the mixture is nice and smooth. Keep stirring while they are melting, or the sugar will scorch. (I have to tell you, if you love Peeps, this part might make you a little sad. It’s kind of like watching the witch in the wizard of Oz – “I’m melllttting!”)
Pour the melted mixtures over your popcorn and gently stir with a silicone spoon.
Dump the sticky popcorn out on waxed paper to cool. Be careful – the marshmallow gets very hot and can result in burned fingers! Not that I would know anything about that.
At this point you can spread the popcorn out to cool and then break into chunks, or form popcorn balls.
You'll also love
- Slow-Cooker Mac & Cheese 3.8/5 (1693 Votes)
- Krispy Easter Eggs 4.5/5 (205 Votes)
- Marbled Easter Egg Truffles 4.5/5 (183 Votes)
- Easter Deviled Eggs 4.5/5 (124 Votes)
- Red Velvet White Chocolate Popcorn 0/5 (0 Votes)
- How to cook German Bratwurst 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Balsamic Glazed Chicken Wings 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Dana 0/5 (0 Votes)