How to cook German Bratwurst
- 4 sausages (thuringer, nuremberger, German bratwurst)
- 2 tbsp mustard
- butter, olive oil
- curry powder
- Place the sausages into a pot that is filled with water, so the sausages are covered.
- Bring to a brisk boil then reduce heat and let the sausages simmer for 10 minutes.
- Dry them and spread mustard all over the sausages in a very thin layer (rub it in).
- Heat butter and oil in a skillet, place sausages into the skillet and fry them until the skin is crunchy.
- Sprinkle some curry powder on top of sausages (optional).
Serve the sausages with mustard in a German bun.