Green Bean Bundles with Garlic Browned Butter
This green bean recipe is impressive-looking but simple to make. The bundles make a wonderful addition to a holiday table or a fun presentation to liven up any dinner party menu.
- 1 pound thin green beans or haricot verts, trimmed
- 24 long, thin slices red bell pepper
- 8 long, thin scallions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon flaked sea salt, such as Maldon
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from eatingwell.com
Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a large pan fitted with a steamer basket. Steam green beans and bell pepper until tender-crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Trim whites off scallions and place the 8 long greens on the vegetables in the steamer during the last minute of cooking to soften. Transfer the vegetables to a large plate.
Divide the beans into 8 portions (10-14 beans each). To make a bundle, lay a scallion green on your work surface and place 1 portion of beans and 3 pieces bell pepper across it. Wrap the green around the vegetables and tie a knot to secure the bundle. Transfer to a serving platter. Repeat with the remaining vegetables.
Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat; smash garlic flat, add to the pan and cook, swirling often, until the butter is nutty brown, 2 to 4 minutes. Discard the garlic. Stir in oil. Serve the bundles drizzled with the butter and sprinkled with salt and pepper.
You'll also love
- Baked Fish Fingers 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Strawberry Santa Cake 4.3/5 (54 Votes)
- Quick Ramen with Carrots, Zucchini... 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Leg of Lamb, Sweet and Sour... 4.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Tender Garlic Lemon Chicken Strips... 3.8/5 (333 Votes)
- Southern Green Beans and New... 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Ohana Green Beans Recipe from... 4.6/5 (28 Votes)