Crispy Chicken Costoletta
Ever had the Cheese Cake Factory's Crispy Chicken Costoletta with lemon sauce? If not, don't worry as we got you covered with this scrumptious recipe. You'll love it!
- 4 chicken breasts, cut horizontally, and pounded to about 1/4 inch thick or 4 chicken cutlets
- 2 lemons, zest of
- 1 1/2 cups plain breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, freshly grated (optional)
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- LEMON SAUCE:
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, plus
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 cup chicken stock
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Preheat oven to 200°F.
Zest two lemons. Bake zest for about 5 minutes until dry.
On one paper plate combine flour, pepper and salt.
On another paper plate combine eggs and water, whisk until combined.
On another paper plate combine dry lemon zest, bread crumbs and cheese.
Place pounded chicken in the flour, coating well, followed by the egg mixture and the bread crumbs.
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a large frying pan over medium heat.
Place chicken in pan and cook on each side about 5 minutes until middle is no longer pink. You will need to work in batches, adding more oil and butter as needed.
Keep chicken warm in oven at 250°F.
Over medium heat in a fairly large saucepan heat canola oil. Add minced garlic and sauté about 3 minutes.
Add whipping cream and boil until reduced by one-third.
Add Dijon, lemon juice, chicken stock and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer about 5 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in butter until melted.