Lemon Butter Chicken Breasts
Serve this lemon butter chicken over rice with a side of your favorite vegetables for a well rounded dinner.
- 6 medium boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Hot cooked rice or pilaf (optional)
Adapted from bhg.com
Place each chicken breast half between two pieces of plastic wrap. Pound lightly into a rectangle about 1/4 to 1/8 inch thick. Remove plastic wrap. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour and salt. Coat chicken breasts with flour mixture. Sprinkle chicken breasts with lemon pepper.
In a 12-inch skillet cook the chicken breasts in the hot butter, half at a time, over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes on each side or until brown and no longer pink.
Remove chicken from skillet. Add lemon slices to skillet; cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once. Return all of the chicken to the skillet, overlapping chicken breasts slightly. Drizzle lemon juice over the chicken breasts. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes more or until pan juices are slightly reduced.
Serve chicken, lemon slices, and pan juices over hot cooked rice or pilaf, if desired. Makes 6 servings.
You'll also love
- New Longhorn Steakhouse Parmesan... 3.9/5 (381 Votes)
- Campbell's® Cheesy Chicken and... 3.8/5 (286 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Thai Chicken -- Weight... 4.1/5 (168 Votes)
- Lemon-Yogurt Crumb Cake 4.4/5 (125 Votes)
- Lemony Lemon Brownies 3.9/5 (203 Votes)
- Spinach and Mushroom Stuffed... 4.3/5 (65 Votes)
- Monte Christo Stuffed Chicken... 4.5/5 (45 Votes)