Super Sloppy Joes
Sloppy Joe’s is a classic comfort food dish that brings back memories. Rachael Ray’s version of this recipe is far better than the version I ate, as a kid, that was heated from a can.
You can have this dinner on the table in less than 15 minutes.
My boys—young and grown,LOVEthis dinner. You can double the recipe and freeze half for quick dinner fix.
- 4 super sloppy sandwiches Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, 1 turn of the pan
- 1 1/4 pounds ground beef sirloin
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons to 1 tablespoon steak seasoning blend, such as McCormick brand Montreal Seasoning
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 crusty rolls, split, toasted, and lightly buttered
- Garnish: sliced ripe tomatoes
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from afeastfortheeyes.net
Heat a large skillet over medium high heat.
Add oil and meat to the pan.
Spread the meat around the pan and begin to break it up.
Combine brown sugar and steak seasoning. Add sugar and spice mixture to the skillet and combine.
When the meat has browned, add onion and red peppers to the skillet. Reduce heat to medium and cook onions, peppers, red wine vinegar and Worcestershire sauce with meat for 5 minutes.
Add tomato sauce and paste to pan. Stir to combine.
Reduce heat to simmer and cook Sloppy Joe mixture 5 minutes longer. Using a large spoon or ice cream scoop, pile sloppy meat onto toasted, buttered bun bottoms and cover with bun tops.
You'll also love
- Hawaiian Wedding Cake 3.8/5 (309 Votes)
- Patti Labelle's Macaroni and Cheese 3.8/5 (377 Votes)
- Grilled Fish Tacos 4.5/5 (131 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Chicken & Dumplings... 4.3/5 (155 Votes)
- Chewy Lemon Snowdrop Cookies 4.4/5 (162 Votes)
- Panko Oven Fried Chicken Breasts 4.5/5 (128 Votes)
- Creamy Bacon & Cheese Dip 4.5/5 (135 Votes)
- Crock Pot Italian Turkey Meatballs 4.5/5 (127 Votes)