Cranberry chutney is a great substitute for cranberry jelly at Thanksgiving. Or serve it with cream cheese or brie on crackers as a festive appetizer!
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, about 1 pound
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup tart apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup diced celery
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
In a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients. Cook over medium heat until berries pop, about 15 minutes.
Add the apple, raisins and celery. Simmer, uncovered, until thickened, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl; refrigerate until chilled.
Yield: 3 cups.
You'll also love
- Classic Vanilla-Orange Sugar... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Creamy Fettuccine with Ham & Peas 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Chocolate Ganache Tart with... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Blooming Peach and Blueberry Tart... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Cranberry Serrano Relish 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Cranberry Cupcakes with Cream... 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Candied Sweet Potatoes or Yams 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Copycat Starbucks Cranberry Bliss... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)