Used blackberries but would work well with any berry
- 2 1/2 cups self rising flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup sugar (i used organic)
- 8 tablespoons melted butter (i used 8 tablespoons melted organic coconut oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh blackberries, cut in half
1. Preheat oven to 400. Grease a standard 12 muffin pan or if you want bigger muffins use the large muffin. (recipe makes 6 large muffins)
2. Whisk together the flour and cinnamon in a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, sour cream, milk, butter and vanilla.
4. Add wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix together, until the dry ingredients are moisten. Add the berries. (Do not over-mix. Over-mixing will cause the muffins to be dense, not fluffy. Batter should not be smooth.)
5. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups. Bake at 400 for 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted come out clean.
6. Let cool for 2-3 minutes, if serving hot. Otherwise, let them on a baking rack.