Ginger Pear Cranberry Sauce
A *paleo* home canning recipe for Ginger Pear Cranberry Sauce. Perfect for autumn holidays, especially!
- 1/2 cup organic maple syrup
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 ounces fresh organic ginger, grated
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 3 organic firm pears, sprialized or sliced thin
- zest of 1 organic lemon
- juice of 2 organic lemons
- zest and juice of 1 organic orange
- 20 ounces fresh organic cranberries, picked over
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
In a non-reactive large saucepan, combine maple syrup, vinegar, ginger, and sea salt. Bring to a gentle boil over medium heat. Add the pears, cover and cook until crisp tender, about 5 minutes.
Add the citrus zests, juices, and cranberries to the pot. Simmer over medium heat, stirring often, until cranberries begin to pop – about 10-15 minutes. Return pear mixture to cranberries and cook for 5 minutes more. At this point you can use an immersion blender to break up the cranberries some or leave them “whole” style.
For canning: Pour, while hot, into prepared hot jars, leaving ¼-inch head space. Adjust caps. Process 10 minutes in boiling water bath. Let cool overnight before checking seals.
For refrigeration: Transfer to Mason jars and let them come to room temperature before covering and refrigerating.
You'll also love
- Banana Peanut Butter Bread 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- ITALIAN SAUSAGE STRATA 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Autumn’s Apple Crumble 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Strawberry Moscow Mule 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Raspberry Tarts 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Apple, Pear and Pomegranate Sangria 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
- Pear & Field Green Salad with... 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
- Cranberry Celebration Cheesecake 4.3/5 (24 Votes)