Seared Scallops on Spinach with Apple-Brandy
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1/3 cup Calvados
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 16 large sea scallops, patted dry
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup fresh unfiltered apple juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 9-ounce bag spinach leaves
- Read More http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/SEARED-SCALLOPS-ON-SPINACH-WITH-APPLE-BRANDY-CREAM-SAUCE-233377#ixzz1KpiQ9ClE
Heat 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallot; stir 30 seconds. Add Calvados (brandy may ignite); boil 30 seconds. Add cream; boil 2 minutes. Transfer sauce base to bowl. (Sauce base can be made 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.)
Preheat oven to 300°F. Sprinkle scallops with salt and pepper. Heat vegetable oil in another large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add 8 scallops.
Cook until brown, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to rimmed baking sheet; place in oven to keep warm. Repeat with remaining scallops. Add apple juice and thyme to hot skillet. Boil 1 minute, scraping up brown bits. Add sauce base; bring to boil. Remove from heat.
Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and stir 30 seconds. Add spinach; toss until barely wilted and still bright green, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Using tongs, mound spinach in center of 8 plates, dividing equally.
Arrange 2 scallops on spinach on each plate. Pour any collected juices from baking sheet into sauce in skillet. Boil until thickened, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper; spoon over scallops.
Market tip: Unfiltered fresh apple juice is thicker and has a more intense flavor than regualr bottled apple juice. Look for it in the produce section — on ice or in a refrigerator case.
Read More http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/SEARED-SCALLOPS-ON-SPINACH-WITH-APPLE-BRANDY-CREAM-SAUCE-233377#ixzz1KpiWd7GF
You'll also love
- Baked Pork Chops 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Blood Orange Champagne Cocktail 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Clams in White Wine Sauce 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Chocolate Banana Bread Pudding 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Scallops with Cilantro Sauce and... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Potato Leek Soup 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Creamy Potato Leek Soup 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- SEARED SCALLOPS IN MUSHROOM BROTH 4.8/5 (4 Votes)