Blueberry Tea Bread
Good Housekeeping/August 1994
- 2 tsp. - baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. - salt
- cake flour (not self-rising)
- 1/2 c. - light corn-oil spread (1 stick)
- 1 c. - low-fat milk (1%)
- 1 Tbsp. - vanilla
- 1 - large egg
- 1 1/2 c. - blueberries
- 1 Tbsp. - slivered almonds
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
Preparation time 90mins
Cooking time 110mins
About 3 hours before serving or early in the day:
1. Preheat oven to 350˚. Grease a 9x5'' loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In large bowl, mix baking powder, salt, 3 cups cake flour and 1 1/2 cups sugar. Reserve 1 tablespoon corn-oil spread for crumb topping. With pastry blender or two knives used scissor-fashion, cut in remaining corn-oil spread until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Stir in milk, vanilla extract, and egg until four is just moistened. Gently stir in blueberries; spoon batter into loaf pan.
3. Coarsely chop almonds. In small bowl, with fork, mix almonds, cinnamon, 2 tablespoons cake flour, 2 tablespoons sugar and reserved corn-oil spread until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle crumb topping over batter.
4. Bake loaf 1 hour and 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool load in pan on wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan and finish cooling on wire rack.
You'll also love
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Beef Pot Roast 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Bloomin' Onion Petals with ... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Pasta with Lemon Cream Sauce,... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Mango Mousse Cake 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Apple Cranberry and Almond Slaw 4.4/5 (32 Votes)
- Strawberry Banana Cheesecake Salad 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- No-Bake Blueberry Cheesecake with... 4.3/5 (28 Votes)