Linguine With Spicy Red Clam Sauce
From Giada's family dinners by Giada de Laurentiis this seafood pasta recipe will get your family or friends leaving wanting more.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried red pepper flakes
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes in juice
- 2 cups bottled clam juice
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
- 4 pounds small manila clams, scrubbed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Salt to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds dried linguine
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Heat oil in a very large pot over medium heat.
Add onion, garlic, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Saute until the onion is tender, about 10 minutes.
Add tomatoes with their juice, clam juice, and wine. Bring to a boil over high heat.
Decrease heat to medium and simmer uncovered until the liquid reduces by one-third, about 30 minutes.
Add the clams, cover, and simmer over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, just until the clams open (discard any that don't open), about 8 minutes.
Remove pot from the heat. Using a slotted spoon, transfer clams to a large bowl and cover to keep warm.
Stir parsley and butter into the pot.
Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add the linguine and cook, stirring frequently until tender but still firm, about 8 minutes. Drain.
Add linguine to the sauce and toss. Season with salt and pepper.
Put pasta in bowls.
Top with clams, and serve.
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Caramel Cream Cheese Poke... 3.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Mexican Corn Bread/Miss Kay 3.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Copeland's Of New Orleans' Chicken... 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
- Rigatoni "d" (Maggiano's) 3.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Pascal Manale's Barbecued Shrimp 3.1/5 (12 Votes)
- Lobster Artichoke Dip 3.4/5 (31 Votes)
- Ravioli, butternut squash w/... 3.6/5 (39 Votes)
- Buca Di Beppo's Linguine Frutti Di... 3.4/5 (9 Votes)