Copeland's Of New Orleans' Chicken And Tasso Pasta
- 3 cups diced chicken breast
- 6 teaspoons Creole seasonings divided use
- 1 cup julienned tasso (Savoie's or K-Paul's)
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 3 pounds cooked pasta (fettucine or linguini)
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Cook pasta and drain well. Season chicken pieces with 4 teaspoons of the Creole Seasoning.
Melt butter in a saute pan. Add tasso and saute until tender and lightly browned. Add chicken and green onions and saute until chicken is white. Add heavy cream and remaining Creole seasonings. Return to a simmer. Add drained pasta to sauce and bring back to a simmer.
Using tongs, transfer pasta to bowl and top with remaining chicken and sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.