Pascal Manale's Barbecued Shrimp
Chef Mark's Barbecued Shrimp
The "Manale's spice" is probably black pepper. That is the biggest ingredient.
Note: This recipe, from Manale's chef/owner Mark DeFelice, is similar to but not exactly the restaurant's recipe. He said the restaurant always uses margarine, not butter
- 1 pound headless shrimp, 21 to 25 count
- 5 teaspoons Manale's spice*
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Lea & Perrin's Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco
- 1 cup margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup white wine, such as Chablis
Adapted from blog.nola.com
Rinse shrimp and pat dry. Place shrimp in a medium saucepan. Add spice, garlic, Worcestershire and Tabasco and stir to coat shrimp. Pour melted margarine over shrimp and then white wine. Stir together. Cook over high heat until shrimp are cooked, stirring occasionally. Do not overcook shrimp.
Serve with French bread for dipping.