Rigatoni "d" (Maggiano's)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 10 ounces button mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, pureed
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into 1 to 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 ⁄2 quart chicken stock
- 2 -4 ounces marsala wine (Cribari)
- 2 ounces white wine
- 1 ⁄2 quart heavy cream
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped (and parsley mix)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 ounces garlic butter
- parmesan cheese, shavings (garnish)
- chopped fresh parsley (garnish)
Saute mushrooms with balsamic vinegar.
Add onions to the mushrooms.
Season with salt and pepper.
Add garlic .
Add chicken stock, Marsala, and white wine. Cook until reduced by half.
Add cream and bring to a boil.
Turn down heat and simmer to skim away any impurities.
Cook rigatoni al dente.
Add drained rigatoni to chicken mixture in pan and finish with basil-parsley mix, parmesan cheese, garlic butter, and salt and pepper.
Add more Marsala for flavor as needed.
Place in pasta bowl and garnish with parmesan shavings and chopped parsley.