Penne Pasta with diced tomato and fresh Ricotta cheese (Olive Garden)
- 4 medium fresh ripe tomatoes
- 8 basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- 1/2 tsp marjoram, chopped
- 12 oz penne rigate pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1/4 cup Romano cheese, grated
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- Salt to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped
Adapted from aussietren.com
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
CUT a shallow “X” on the bottom of each tomato. Place tomatoes into boiling water and blanch for 15 seconds. Immediately cool in ice water.
REMOVE core, skin and seeds from tomatoes and dice. Place in a bowl and add 1/4 cup of olive oil, chopped basil and chopped garlic.
BLEND ricotta cheese with chopped marjoram; season to taste with salt and pepper.
TOSS tomato mixture in a hot skillet. When mixture is hot, stir in Ricotta cheese blend.
ADD hot, drained pasta to tomato/cheese mixture. Stir to thoroughly blend. Add salt and pepper to taste. Top with Romano cheese and chopped parsley.
You'll also love
- Smoked Sausage & Cheesy Rice... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Layered Coconut Cream Cheesecake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Strawberry Champagne Punch 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pappardelle with Baby Spinach,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Basil and Sun-Dried Tomato Dip 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Corn and Tomato Gratin 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta Salad with Mayo 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Macaroni & Cheese 0/5 (0 Votes)