Chorizo and Olive Paella "Santa Clara"
- 4 tbl. Spanish green olives, coarsely chopped
- 4 tbl. brine cured black olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 c. dry white wine
- 6 c. chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp. crumbled saffron
- 8 tbl. olive oil
- 1/2 lb. sweet chorizo, skinned & cut into 1/2 slices
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 lb serrano or prosciutto cut into 1/4" slices & then diced
- 4 tbl. minced parsley
- 3 c. Arborio or Boma rice
- Kosher salt
- 2 dozen snap peas
Place olives in a small saucepan with the wine, bring to a boil. Simmer 5 minutes, drain and reserve
Combine broth and saffron in a pot & keep warm over low heat
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Heat oil in paella pan, saute chorizo for 1 minute, add onion, pepper, ham, parsley & saute until the pepper is softened.
Stir in olives and rice, mixing well. Add broth & bring to a boil. Boil until the rice is no longer soupy, about 5 minute. Stir in snap peas.
Transfer to oven, cook uncovered for 10 - 12 minutes or until almost done. Remove from oven, cover with foil & let let for another 10 minutes or until rice is cooked to taste.
You'll also love
- Taste of Texas Shrimp and Pasta... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tomato Salad with Pistachios 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lime Pear Gelatin Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Artichokes--Claim Jumper's... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lamb Steaks with Redcurrant Glaze 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef Tenderloin Marinade 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sausage and Red Bean Skillet with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Jamie Oliver's Peach & Prosciutto... 0/5 (0 Votes)