Pappardelle with Baby Spinach, Herbs, and Ricotta
Fettuccine will also work if you can't find pappardelle. Have all the ingredients prepped and ready to go before beginning to cook—the pasta needs to be hot when mixed with the other ingredients to create a creamy consistency.
Total: 27 minutes
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 3/4 cups)
Fat:11.6g (sat 3.6g,mono 6.1g,poly 1.1g)
- 8 ounces uncooked pappardelle (wide ribbon pasta)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons grated fresh pecorino Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Adapted from find.myrecipes.com
1. Cook pasta with 1 tablespoon kosher salt according to package directions, omitting additional fat. Drain in a colander over a bowl, and reserve 1 cup cooking liquid.
2. Combine 1/2 cup reserved hot cooking liquid and ricotta cheese in a food processor or blender, and process until well blended.
3. Combine hot pasta, cheese mixture, spinach, and remaining ingredients in a large bowl; toss gently to coat. Add additional cooking liquid to moisten, if needed.