Cherry or Raspberry Tapioca Pudding
The texture of this pudding is very unusual as is the color which makes it a fun dessert particularly for children!
- 1/2 cup sago or tapioca pearls
- 2 cups water
- 1 (15-ounce) can pitted cherries or raspberries pureed
- 1 (15-ounce) can coconut milk or coconut cream
- 4 tablespoons sugar (or sugar replacement)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 95mins
Adapted from dramaticpancake.com
Soak the sago in 1 cup of the water in a large mixing bowl for an hour, the sago should expand and become soft.
Put the soaked sago on medium heat with the coconut milk, make sure to use a large saucepan as the tapioca pearls will still expand considerably
When boiled take to low heat and add the cherries
Stir occasionally and keep on low heat for 10 minutes, the sago should expand and take on all the liquid
Add the second cup of water and the sugar and stir through tapioca.
Heat for another 5 minutes or until at least 90% the tapioca pearls are entirely transparent, a small number with a white center is okay, these will take on more liquid while setting.
Let rest for 10 minutes and spoon into ramekins or molds
Put into a fridge and set over night.
To serve place the molds in a warm water bath for 2 minutes and turn out onto a plate.
You'll also love
- Pecan Pie Bread Pudding 4.4/5 (113 Votes)
- Salmon Teriyaki 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Raisin Bread French Toast 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Sweet Potato-Topped Turkey Pot Pie 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Watermelon Berry Salad with... 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Fresh Corn & Zucchini Cakes 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Basic Fondue 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Spider Deviled Eggs 4.4/5 (14 Votes)