Basil & Veggie Mini Quiches
The easy chiffonade technique thinly slices fresh basil for these mini quiches. Baked in a muffin tin, they make an ideal breakfast-on-the-go for busy families.
- 5 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup red pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup scallion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 basil leaves, chiffonade
- Cooking spray
- Sprinkle of Kosher salt
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from hwtm.com
Preheat oven to 325°F.
In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and egg whites. Add milk and whisk again.
In another medium bowl, combine red pepper, scallion, cheddar cheese, and basil.
Spray a muffin tin well with cooking spray. Pour an even amount of the egg mixture into each muffin cup. They will be about 3/4 full.
Divide the veggie mixture evenly amongst the muffin cups. Sprinkle each with a little Kosher salt.
Put the filled muffin tin into the preheated oven and bake for about 25 minutes, or until the quiches are just starting to brown.
Remove the muffin tray from the oven and cool on a rack for about 5 minutes. Place a cutting board over the muffin tin and flip upside down so that the quiches fall out onto the board. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Biko - Filipino Sweet Sticky Rice 4.1/5 (19 Votes)
- Chicken & Spinach Cheese Tortellini 3.9/5 (18 Votes)
- Vegan Fried Pickles 4.1/5 (22 Votes)
- King Ranch Chicken in the Crockpot 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Spinach Souffle Quiche 3.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Spaghetti Quiche 4/5 (1 Votes)
- K's Crustless Broccoli Quiche 4/5 (1 Votes)