Pumpkin Pecan Rum Cake
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- RUM BUTTER GLAZE
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 to 3 tablespoons rum or 1 teaspoon rum extract
Adapted from verybestbaking.com
PREHEAT oven to 325° F. Grease 12-cup bundt pan. Sprinkle nuts over bottom.
COMBINE flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Beat butter,brown sugar and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs; beat well. Add pumpkin and vanilla extract; beat well. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture, 1/3 at a time, mixing well after each addition. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
BAKE for 60 to 70 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cake comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Make holes in cake with long pick; pour half of Glaze over cake. Let stand 5 minutes and invert onto plate. Make holes in top of cake; pour remaining Glaze over cake. Cool. Garnish as desired.
RUM BUTTER GLAZE:
MELT butter in small saucepan; stir in granulated sugar and water. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in rum.
You'll also love
- Apple pie bread for the bread... 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- Fresh Corn & Zucchini Cakes 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Creamy Garlic, Cannellini Bean &... 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Spaghetti Squash Fried Rice 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
- Pumpkin Shaped Spice Cake 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Aunt Jean’s Gluten-Free Rum Cake 3.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Bacardi Rum Cake with Buttered Rum... 0/5 (0 Votes)