Reboot - Soup - Acorn Squash & Black Bean
- 1-2 acorn squashes
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 2 medium onions
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 qt. vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. cumin
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 avocado
Adapted from rebootwithjoe.com
1.) Preheat oven to 375. Cut squashes in half and scoop out seeds. Place squashes cut side up on a cooking tray and roast until soft and a little browned (about 25 minutes). Once cooked, scoop out squash and discard the skins.
2.) Meanwhile, chop onion and garlic. Cook with olive oil over medium-high heat until soft. Add cumin, tomatoes, black beans, squash, salt and pepper and stir.
3.) Add vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes.
4.) Blend using a handheld blender or traditional blender.
5.) Garnish with avocado slices and serve.
You'll also love
- Rainbow Lasagne with Heirloom... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Hash with Apples &... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Plentils Meatloaf Cupcakes... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Cornish Hens Stuffed with Wild Rice 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- NaNa Wanda’s Chili with Corn... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Southwestern Roasted Butternut... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Stewed Squash 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Black Bean & Corn Salsa Salad 4.5/5 (15 Votes)