Cornish Hens Stuffed with Wild Rice
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup butter, softened, divided
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 Cornish game hens (20 to 24 ounces each)
Adapted from freerecipenetwork.com
In a large skillet, saute onion and celery in 3 tablespoons butter until tender; remove from the heat.
Stir in the rice, raisins, walnuts, honey, lemon juice, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Stuff hens.
Place on a rack in a large shallow baking pan. Rub remaining butter over skin.
Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 1 hour or until a meat thermometer reads 180°.
You'll also love
- Three Tomato Crostini with Two... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Orange pineapple muffin cake 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Beef Taco Casserole 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- burger - Black bean beet burgers 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Seasoned Ground Beef 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Pappardelle with Duck Ragù 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- NaNa Wanda’s Chili with Corn... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Corn Flake Crusted Potatoes 4.8/5 (4 Votes)