NaNa Wanda’s Chili with Corn Muffins and Hot Pepper Jelly (debora j.)
- If you want it Spicy add:
- 1 large organic red onion, chopped in food processor
- 3 T. grape seed oil
- 1 1/2 lbs. grass feed ground beef
- 1 lb. skirt steak, ground in food processor
- 2 pork tenderloins, ground in food processor
- salt, pepper, garlic powder, chili powder
- 1 28 oz. can organic whole tomatoes
- 1 26 oz. box organic strained tomatoes
- 1 48oz bottle organic tomato juice
- 1 7 oz. jar organic tomato paste
- 1/4 c. whiskey
- 1/3 c. tequila
- 1/3 c. apple cider vinegar
- 1 jar of organic tomato paste
- 1 organic lime, juiced
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 T. organic garlic powder
- 3 T. organic brown sugar
- 1 bunch fresh organic cilantro, chopped in a food processor
- 1 red bell pepper, organic
- 1 yellow bell pepper, organic
- 1 orange bell pepper, organic
- 1 green bell pepper, organic
- 1 ancho pepper
- 1 15oz. can organic black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15oz. can organic pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15oz. can organic white navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 bag frozen organic white corn
- 1/2 c. Frank Hot sauce
- 1/2 jar pickled jalepenos
- 3 sliced jalepeno peppers
- 1 tsp. crushed red peppers
- 1/2 tsp. ground chipolte peppers
- Tabassco to taste
- Any other peppers you want to chop and add.
- Hot Pepper Jelly
- 20 fresh peppers, jalepenos, liberty bell, serrano, and scotch bonnets if you dare!
- 3 c. organic white sugar
- 1 3/4 c. water
- 2 boxes corn muffin mix
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 225mins
1. Gather all ingredients.
2. Chop onion in food processor. Pre heat a 10 quart pot. Add grape seed oil, then onions. Sautee for 3 minutes. Begin adding ground meat. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and chili powder as you brown the meat. This will take about 5 minutes to add all the ground meat. Brown meat until completely cooked.
3. Add whole tomatoes through brown sugar to pot. Mix throughly.
4. Add cilantro to food processor and chop. Add to chili.
Dice red, yellow, orange and green bell pepper. Add to chili. Chop ancho chili, remove seeds and add to pot.
5. Add beans that have be drained and rinsed throughly in a colander.
6. Add corn. Cook for about 1 hour.
7. If you are making two versions, hot and mild, place a portion of the chili in a 5 quart pot and place on simmer. Add the Spicy Extras to the remaining portion. Cook both chilis on low for 2 hours.
8. In a 3 quart pot, Add water, whole peppers and sugar. Bring to boil. Cook for about 15 minutes. Add to blender. Puree. Return to pot. Boil for 45 minutes or until jelly thickens.
9. Remove from heat. Cool for 20 minutes. Place into glass or ceramic bowl. Refrigerate until ready to use.
10. Make the corn muffins per box directions.
You'll also love
- Michigan Salad with Rasberry... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Southwestern Roasted Butternut... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Steakhouse Potato Salad 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Corn Spoon Bread 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
Review this recipe