Chipotle Orange Pork Ribs
Spicy sweet and citrus-y. Yumm. I use boneless country ribs which fall apart and create a terrific shredded pork filling for sandwiches. No bones, no fuss. The recipe also works well with spare ribs too. This recipe is for my small 2 qt crock pot but can be expanded to make plenty for a party or a hungry mob!
- 1 lb boneless country pork ribs
- 1 onion sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3-4 chipotle chilis, diced with sauce(dont be shy!)
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar or rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 TBS brown sugar
- 1 TBS peanut oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
In a med sized bowl, combine the chipotles and sauce with the garlic, marmalade,vinegar,soy sauce, brown sugar, oil, cumin and salt.
place the sliced onion in the crock pot. Top with the pork ribs. Pour the sauce over all and give a quick stir to coat the ribs.
cover and cook on low 8-10 hours or on high 4-5 hours.
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Bread 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Beef pochero 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Lemon Pastries 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Lemon Biscottis 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Pork Burgers with Sauerkraut &... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Roasted Pork Loin with Apple Cider... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Spezi (European orange cola) 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- 5-Spice Slow-Cooker Pork Ribs 4.4/5 (22 Votes)