pioneer woman's green bean and tomato casserole
this recipe is her grandmothers. she made these on thanksgiving.
- 8 slices of regular cut bacon
- 1 large onion-chopped
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3 14.5 oz cans whole tomatoes with there juice
- salt and pepper
- cayenne pepper
add bacon to large dutch oven. cook over medium heat until light golden brown.
drain off excess fat. add the onions and cook till bacon and onions are golden brown.
add beans and tomatoes. sprinkle with the salt and pepper and cayenne. stir gently to combine. cover pot and turn heat to low. simmer for approx. 1 hour.
You'll also love
- Deep Dish Sausage Quiche 3.2/5 (10 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Boursin Stuffed... 2.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Slimming World Butternut Squash... 3.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Lobster Artichoke Dip 3.4/5 (31 Votes)
- French's Green Bean Casserole 3.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Roasted Yellow Tomato Salsa With... 2.9/5 (9 Votes)
- Dehydrate Green Beans for a Snack... 2.9/5 (10 Votes)