Dehydrate Green Beans for a Snack | eHow
- salt spices
Wash the green beans in cold water.
Cut off the ends and cut the beans into 1-inch pieces.
Steam blanch the beans by placing a few inches of water in the bottom of a pot and bring to a boil. Make sure the water is not high enough to get inside the steamer pan. Place beans in steamer pan or wire basket and steam for three to four minutes.
Remove beans from steamer and plunge into cold or ice water for five minutes to stop the cooking process. Drain beans with strainer.
Place green beans on a cookie sheet in single layer. Freeze for 45 minutes.
Cook in the oven on the cookie sheet at 140 degrees Fahrenheit until the beans are crisp and all moisture has been removed. Cooking times vary and may take eight to 14 hours.
If using a food dehydrator, place beans on dehydrator tray and cook at 135 degrees Fahrenheit for eight to 12 hours until crisp
Read more: How to Dehydrate Green Beans for a Snack | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_8389194_dehydrate-green-beans-snack.html#ixzz1iZeih0t0
You'll also love
- Pierpoint Restaurant Maryland Crab... 2.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Pork Chops and Baked... 2.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Low Carb Peach Crisp 3.1/5 (27 Votes)
- Lemon, apple cider vinegar and... 2.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Mert's Cornbread 2.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Asparagus Bread 2.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Reboot - Meal - Steamed Snow Peas,... 0/5 (0 Votes)