Apple Carrot Cake
A moist and healthy cake!
- For the cake:
- 1 large carrot finely grated
- 1/2 large organic piñata apple
- 2 cups whole grain flour
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup vanilla silk soy creamer
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup simply apple juice
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 2 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of lemon zest
- For the cream cheese frosting/glaze:
- A few tablespoons vegan cream cheese
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- cup about a cup of powdered sugar
- pinch a pinch of cloves
- 2-3 tsps ground cinnamon
1. Grate carrot, cut apple into small cubes and set aside in a small bowl.
2. In a large bowl, add flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and ginger powder. Stir with a fork.
3. In a medium sized bowl, add apple sauce, soy creamer, juice, lemon zest, and egg.
4. Stir the 'wet’ingredients into the large bowl of dry ingredients, mix ingredients with a hand mixer on low.
5. Drop grated carrots and apples into the bowl; fold into batter with a spatula.
6. Bake in a square 9 inch pan for about 17 minutes at 350.
7. When cake is cool, prepare the glaze by putting all the glaze ingredients into a medium sized bowl. Mix the ingredients with a hand mixer on low until the glaze/frosting is smooth.
8. Drizzle frosting/glaze on top of cooled cake. Keep refrigerated.
You'll also love
- Bourbon-Brown Sugar Venison Skewers 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Bayou Stuffed Catfish With Cajun... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Spiced Blueberry-Peach Jam Without... 4/5 (9 Votes)
- Twice-Baked Potatoes (Pioneer... 3.9/5 (44 Votes)
- Butter Pecan Sweet Potato Crunch 4.2/5 (27 Votes)
- Easy Cranberry & Apple Cake (Ina... 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Slow-Cooked Whole Carrots 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Granny’s Carrot Cake 4.4/5 (7 Votes)