Mummy Head Candy Apples
Mummy candied apples are really easy to make -- just melt the wafers, dip the apples and have fun drizzling the candy to make them look like mummies!
- 8 small apples
- 8 craft sticks (flat wooden sticks with round ends)
- 2 1/2 cups white candy melts or coating wafers (14 ounces), chopped
- Black paste icing color (not liquid food color)
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from pillsbury.com
In medium microwavable bowl, microwave candy melts uncovered on High 45 seconds or until melted; stir until smooth.
Dip each apple in melted coating, turning and spreading to coat. Let stand on waxed paper until firm. With fork, drizzle remaining melted coating (reheat if necessary) across coated apples in zigzag fashion to look like mummies. With black paste icing, pipe eyes on each apple. Let stand until set.
Use orange candy melts to make pumpkin heads. Follow the same procedure, painting pumpkin faces with black icing.
You'll also love
- Baked barbecue pork buns 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Red Raspberry Velvet Cake 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Apple-cinnamon Shortcake 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
Review this recipe